By Aaron Hamlin
The year is coming to an end. And at The Center for Election Science, we have much to celebrate. Moreover, with your support, we have much to anticipate. And that includes promoting Approval Voting.
- We interviewed Nobel Laureate, Dr. Kenneth Arrow. Arrow is renowned in the field of voting theory because of his Impossibility Theorem.
- Over 10,000 unique visitors took to our website.
- Over 450 supporters like our FB Page.
- Over 70 people follow us on Twitter.
- We redesigned our website!
- We interviewed the head organizer for the Occupy Wall Street’s Politics and Election Reform Working Group.
- We published articles through The New Citizens Press (Centuries-Old Ballot); Independent Voter Network (A Voice for Independents); and Big Think (Taking the Fear Out of Voting, The Future of Intelligent Elections, Bipolar Politics, & Why the Republicans Lost).
- We supported the Harvey Milk Democratic Club as they used Score Voting for their nominations.
- Our own Dr. Andy Jennings gave a talk at Science Cafe in Arizona.
- We got our 501(c)3 status!
We’re the largest nonprofit in the country that promotes Approval Voting. Approval Voting is one of the few voting methods that always permits a voter to choose their honest favorite—always.
It isn’t our concern where you fall on the political spectrum: left, right, center, wherever. We maintain that, regardless of where you fall, it’s your basic right to choose your honest favorite without repercussion. Our current voting method forbids this. And so does the Instant Runoff Voting reform.
You need us, and we need you. But we face challenges. Most people don’t recognize voting methods as an issue, let alone recognize alternatives beyond our vote-for-one method. Consequently, it’s our duty to educate the public. And we can’t do it without you.
It takes money to hire the skilled labor to develop educational material like videos. This is where you come in. You can make either a one-time or recurring donation. We’ll adore you either way. Recurring donations, however, make our budgeting easier (even when they’re small). For example, one of our board members donates $100 a month. And we make it simple for you. Recurring donations start out at a mere $5.
Your tax-deductible donation tells us that you’re not satisfied with your democracy, and that you deserve better. Help us make your democracy smarter. Donate now so we can move forward together!